Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Not Happening

Nope. 32 minutes of American Idol and I am done.

Finished.

Can't go on.

Temptress the Middle Linebacker (serious...I'm not makin' fun) did me in. I got a stupid lump in my throat and so I quit.

I almost quit after Uka. The poor fella has been in the USA for 3 years. He was trying to have a sweet moment about how he has saved himself for a special girl.

I was buying it.

Until he said he wants to love her from the top of her hair to the bottom of her nipple.

Maybe he meant feet, but clearly he's got something else on his mind.

And The Princess would like to know what. So...

We're done.

However.

I want to mention a few things I've seen in the 32 minutes that I've been watching Fox.

A. Moment of Truth: a television show that hooks a person to a lie detector and asks them questions in front of their loved ones. Example: Would you cheat on your wife if you knew she couldn't find out. Nice. Family values all the way.

B. Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader-Celebrity Edition: Miss USA will check to see if she's smarter than a 5th grader. That is just too easy. It's ripe, I'm tellin' you. (And I may have to watch.)

C. Celebrity Rehab: (Not on Fox but I saw this on Entertainment Tonight right before AI) This sums up all that is wrong with television.

D. Entertainment Tonight might possibly sum up all that is wrong with television.

Also, I feel like I owe an apology to Ryan Seacrest. Though he is completely full of himself, he is at his best during the hideous tryouts.

One more thing. The Princess has been singing, "signed, sealed, delivered - I'm yours" for 18 minutes non-stop. Just those 5 words. Not the whole song. Those 5 words. 18 minutes.

Thanks for the advice yesterday.

Maybe I'll jump back in later or next week.

9 comments:

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

It was pretty painful wasn't it? I watched while reading a book and without children in the room, so I powered through the whole thing. I have a couple favorites that I hope make it far.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I'm wincing just reading your post. You're reinforcing my Noggin habit.

Upward Falling Autumn said...

BF got nauseous at about the same point. So I went into some rant about how I suck it up and watch all of the shows that he wants and rarely choose my shows at the center of TV entertainment tonight. MY shows are usually shown when everyone else is in bed or has something else to do.

SO in the spirit of the coup-ness I'm experiencing this week, I felt victorious that he changed it back.

But then some sparkly chick that said Simon was a jerk, she was switiching to "actressing" and "take it", 4 times in a row...

I got squirmy.

I stink at the coup.

Fresh Girl said...

Bravo for kicking the ugly American Idol habit! May I suggest The Biggest Loser on NBC? Human interest, good weight-watching/exercising tips, and the chance to watch people improve themselves, instead of being humiliated by so-called judges.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I was contemplating a post on AI, but you summed up my sentiments exactly. Except for the poor pitiful look on the face of that poor guy with the speech impediment whose co-workers urged him to try out. Oh, dear. I think I may just wait until they actually begin the Hollywood week.

Pattik said...

That Princess is the curious
sort isn't she???????

Unknown said...

Oh it is a love/hate relationship, isnt' it? Our DVR actually messed up last night and we missed the last 30 minutes of AI but honestly, I didn't care. I do LOVE Ryan's sarcasm though...

Lisa said...

I think I'm the only person who has never watched American Idol or Dancing With the Stars.
I'm too busy watching The Real Housewives of the OC or Jon and Kate plus 8!

Will this strike ever end? I miss my shows.

Jeni said...

I'm so glad I don't watch this show. We watched more of season 3 of Lost on DVD, trying to get caught up for the upcoming season 4.