Thursday, January 17, 2008

chutzpah

I've mentioned that The King has his hard working little hands in many baskets.

Well, one of his gigs is the business of washing cars.

Tuesday morning at 6 AM-ish (not to be confused with Amish..:) some moron or group of morons took a sledgehammer to 2 of his car washes.

That makes for a happy Tuesday at The Palace.

And it begs the question...Who does that?

Who decides to carry a sledgehammer to a business and whack.

And...


...if people who are driving by (and the camera shows that people were clearly driving by) happen to see someone smashing things with a sledgehammer...does it not raise some level of concern?

Especially when the individual wielding the sledgehammer is in a hoodie with a ski mask?

I'm just sayin'.

13 comments:

Jen said...

Oh man! That stinks, I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

I think you summed it up perfectly in your 3rd paragraph.

A MORON! Or more likely, a group of MORON'S.

Sorry that happened to you guys! :(

Queen Mother said...

It is a sad commentary on our society when people just look the other way when something bad is happening. I'm so sorry that happened. I hope you catch them.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I can't believe SOMEONE didn't at least alert someone. Hope they get caught!

Jeni said...

That's terrible. And I understand people being afraid to intervene, but everyone on the planet has a cell phone - they could've at least called the police.

(And incidentally, my word verification thingy was "xhywuffs," and that struck me as amusing.)

Christy said...

That's terrible! I hope there aren't any repurcussions for his business :(

Upward Falling Autumn said...

Nothing says "shady" like a ski mask. Does anyone wear one of those to just walk down the street? I mean, if you see someone in a ski mask, you should just call the police.

My due apologies to the perfectly innocent and practical ski mask-wielding population that I may offending saying such.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

There are all kinds of ski-mask-wearing jokes flooding my brain right now, but none are coherent. Or even appropriate.

So sorry. You and the King have my sympathies.

Lisa said...

That is terrible!
What jerks. Why wouldn't someone call 911 while they were driving by?

Sorry you have to deal with this.:(

Amy said...

People should be practicing on D-Man's 911 Learning Phone if they can't remember what buttons to push if they see something that needs police attention! Ughh! I hate it for you guys!

Fresh Girl said...

You don't live in my city do you? The city where Elvis lived? 'Cause driving by something like that wouldn't cause too many people to even blink an eye.

I hope they catch the buzzard!

Pattik said...

Very sorry, makes me sick for
you guys!!

Angela S said...

Wow that totally bites! Good luck!