Saturday, December 15, 2007

Weekend Wonderfulness

This may come as a shock to those of you who read this blog on occasion, but I love to cook.

“Oh really?” you are thinking, “I thought you only liked to complain and make fun of stuff.”

That is only during the week. On the weekend? I am a cooking fanatic.

I have been meaning to share some great recipes, but The Palace has been supplying me with an abundance of irrelevant things on which I've needed to blog.


So, my solution is that I am going to try to post yummy goodness on the weekends.

Unless something occurs that necessitates complaining or making fun.

This recipe is one of my favorites for breakfast when we have company. Which is only, like, 3 times a year. So pretty much I make it for us.


Apricot Coffee Cake

8 oz. crescent rolls
8 oz. cream cheese
½ c. sugar
½ t. almond extract
21 oz. can apricot pie filling

½ c. flour
¼ c. brown sugar
3 T. softened butter—not melted
½ c. sliced almonds

Place crescents in a very lightly sprayed 9x13 dish. Press the seams together and spread to make a crust. Try to take it a teensy bit up the sides...it will be a little frustrating. Cream the next 3 ingredients. Spread on top of crescents. . Put pie filling on top of cream cheese mixture. Mix flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top. Sprinkle almonds on top of that. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Super yummy. If you can’t find apricot pie filling, try peach. Or whatever your filling of choice might be. But if you want it to be good you’ll use apricot or peach.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

4 comments:

momof2 said...

Oh my...that sounds delicious and appears to be VERY low in calories and fat. I believe you've just provided me with the recipe that I will use to gain back a few pounds next time I manage to whittle a few off:-)

Kelly @ Love Well said...

YUM!

But I can understand why you only make it a few times each year. It would be too tempting to have leftovers sitting around.

Queen Mother said...

yummy!!

Lisa said...

I love any food item where crescent rolls is a key indgredient. You speak my language of love!
I'm excited to see more of your recipes!