Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Very Fun Phone Call

I host a book club that meets once a month. It started with ladies from my church, but has grown to include friends of friends. We have such a great time. It has been a terrific way to meet new people.


Our November selection was Be Sweet by Diann Hunt. It was a very fun read. We wanted a book during the holidays that was a total distraction from the madness. We got it!


The coolest part about reading her book was that Diann Hunt CALLED our book club meeting on Tuesday night to visit with us! How fun is that? She was a hoot. We learned so much about her writing process.


We kind of felt like we were all that.


Which we are not.


If any of you are part of a book club, Mrs. Hunt will call your group if you have over 15 members. She also sent us autographed bookmarks.


We really like Mrs. Hunt.


She is part of a fun blog, Girls Write Out. Go check her out!!


Also, if you have any books to recommend for our group, let me know. We try to stick to Christian fiction, but we'd love to read anything great!!


I am a complete dictator and pick all the books (that, and nobody else will do it). So, if it is a great one that you suggest, I will take all the credit.


I can totally do that because my book club friends do not know of my blog....

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Your book club sounds very fun! I am in one myself and we always have a great time.
I'll try to remember some good reads for you. (But I want the credit for them!)

Anonymous said...

that is so cool that she called your book club!

have you read "Chocolate Beach" by Julie Carobini? it's really great! and she's coming out with a sequel "Truffles By The Sea" in January.

Have fun!

Laura said...

How fun is that!! I have nothing to recommend though as all I've had time to read lately are magazines :(

Maria said...

Hey Queen B!
Sounds like fun. Have you read Wish You Well by David Baldacci?
It is a very good read. Breezed through it in less than 24 hours this summer! I understand that it is different than his other books (I wouldn't know, it's the only one of his that I've read)--all I know is that I really enjoyed it.

Colleen Coble said...

I'm so glad you had Di call in! She's one of the sweetest people in the world. Funny and caring. You picked a great book to read!

Diann Hunt said...

Thanks for the opportunity to "meet" with your group! I had an awesome time!

I've got a couple of recommendations of books for you by great authors:

Romantic Suspense - Colleen Coble
Chick Lit - Kristin Billerbeck, Rachel Hauck
Romance - Denise Hunter
Romance/Women's Fiction - Robin Lee Hatcher
Historical - Carol Cox, Judy Miller

All great writers! Course, there are many more, but that's a start. You can't lose when you pick any from those authors.

Thanks again for choosing Be Sweet! I had a blast! (Do people still use that word?) *g*

Anonymous said...

Queen B,

By far, my favorite series for a book club is the Sisterchicks series by Robin Jones Gunn. I am a pastor's wife and started hosting a book club for the women in my church a few years ago. The Sisterchicks offer a little bit of everything. We have read these in the summer, because they are all based on a travel destination. I noticed you also read Redeeming Love recently, also a wonderful book. Happy Reading! Merry Christmas!
Kristen