Friday, December 7, 2007

Proof

This just couldn't have come at a better time.

To prove The King's aversion to Christmas decor, I will copy a letter left by the wonderful lady who cleans my house on occasion. We'll just call her Angel, for reasons that surely don't need an explanation.

This is word for word (except for the king & queen stuff...we don't really make people call us that).

Dear New Resident:

I can only surmise by the Christmas decorations out that the former residents have moved. Self proclaimed Scrooge, The King (previous resident) and Queen B (wife of previous resident) were not into decorations for holidays or baking for holidays, etc..... The house looks gorgeous nonetheless!! I still am current housecleaner for this establishment and am in need of some cleaning supplies please.


1. Murphy's Oil Soap

Thank you,
Angel

P.S. I'm very proud of you Queen B. It looks great. I hope The King will get some "bah humbug" out of his system. Maybe he'll even put lights on the house this year!! (Maybe we ought not push it!)


Angel has no idea this blog exists. This is an honest, non-biased opinion of The King and his scrooge-ish-ness.

I don't have any idea where she got that idea about baking...

4 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

This is TOO funny! Thanks for sharing it! :)

Kelly @ Love Well said...

A cleaning lady who leaves witty notes?!?

You've nicknamed her well.

Did she pick up on the King's Scroogishness (surely, that's a word) just by observing previous years? Or did someone give her a nudge in that direction? Because if it's the first, that's a very observant woman.

Lisa said...

Angel sounds like a bit of a smarty pants! That is a riot!
I'm sure my ladies are dreading coming next week with all of the holiday decorations up...just more clutter for them to clean around!
Hope the King thought the note was funny too!

Have a great weekend, B!

Queen Mother said...

That is one of the funniest things I've read in a while. She so has the King pegged!!!! If she only knew how we had to beg to get you to do the small bit you did!!!! I really don't think I have ever heard that much huffing since the THREE LITTLR PIGS (the King on having to carry a few tubs downstairs) You better treasure Angel!! And get to baking!!!!