Thursday, December 20, 2007

But For Now We'll Go On Living Separate Lives



It was asking too much.


After a round of hissing, a few left jabs and one serious right hook--this is where they've settled.


It was really just asking too much.




...And in other breaking cat news: At 3:27 a.m. as I slept on my side toward the edge of the bed with my face toward the wall, I was startled awake by 12 pounds of Oliver as he jumped up onto the bed and landed 100% on my head. You must understand that jumping up when you are 12 pounds and 8 months old is not easy. I am just singing hallelujah that he has no front claws or I would look like one of those slasher movie people. It was the scariest thing I've been through in a while. Now back to your regularly scheduled blog...



All of you fun internet friends gave me so much to think about in your analysis of what might have transpired yesterday with the cats.



Do they do this when we leave?

Do they know it is Christmas?

Were they plotting against us? The dogs?


Stay tuned. I am afraid this is far from over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! I am SO enjoying the cat saga!

The Fritz Facts said...

Felines crack me up. Again, had that happen when I was younger. One of our cats was in my window during summer when a storm came in. Frist clap of thunder he fell out of the window...on my face. We didn't declaw our cats so you can imagine. Not pretty and I still have a scar.
I can't wait for the next story.

Jeni said...

Having a cat jump on your head is not fun. One of my parents' 18 pound orange tabby monsters ran across my face as I was relaxing on the couch one day. I had to stop laughing long enough to figure out if I was bleeding.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

The last time a cat jumped on my face, I ended up in the ER with a scratched cornea.

And yes, it was a two-month old kitten that weighed less than five pounds. Do you want to make something of it?

Glad you survived the onslaught. Frankly, I would keep those two separated. I fear for your lives otherwise.

Karen said...

I suspect they are plotting against you. Such is the nature of cats. Our lovely 16 pound ball of fluff loves to sneak into our bed and night and stick his hind quarters in my face. Not a very happy experience! (He doesn't do this to my husband. I think he's paid the cat off.)